Thursday, March 11, 2004

The Red Folder

The MapucheRican's red folder is the folder that is suppossed to contain official documents from the school, like the Parent Association newsletter (where they think my real last name is la Mala- ja ja) and passes for the upcoming parent-teacher conferences. Imagine my surprise when I see a paper saying " This is not from the school or from any school organization". It was a letter from a teacher in the school requesting donations of items ( like shampoo) for our "children" , the soldiers in Iraq. This pissed me off royally. Why not help rebuild the school that these soldiers helped destroy? Maybe some Iraqui kids need soap...well they probably need food and freedom more but you know hat I mean. I was so offended and angered by this request...I thought about "our children" the marines that were sent into Haiti recently, I think way back to 1898 and the soldiers that invaded Puerto Rico and never left. I think what parent's should be focusing on is getting the occupying forces out of Iraq...and so many other places around the world.

Today I hate the red folder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home