Sunday, April 04, 2004

Summertime and the Livin Won't be Easy

Why does it cost around 1,500 dollars for the MapucheRican to join a summer camp program?

I went to an open house yesterday for a camp run by the local city college and wasn't impressed with their academics. Because the MapucheRican turns 7 in September, she's be with the 5 and 6 year olds going into first grade. They were unwavering on this. I emailed another nearby camp run by a private school to find out of they are going to place her in the same way. I want a camp experience that will mix academics with fun, like learning how to swim. In the end I may call Sista II Sista and find out how young they take them at their summer freedom school for girls of color. Si no well then
I will have to create my own camp program so that the MapucheRican is entertained, learns and has fun. I just worry about when I'll get time to write. What a selfish mami I am.

I don't even know why I want her to go to a summer day camp. I went and I hated it. Of course I went to a camp sponsored by the church but that's not why I hated it. All the other day campers were mean to me and I was bored off my ass.

It's barely breaking the 50 degree mark but I've got summer on my mind. Maybe I'll just go to Puerto Rico for the whole summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home