Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Something I Take for Granted

I just read this article
and I was very disturbed. Not just because of the near sexual assault I recently experienced but because it made me think of the many times I have drunkenly stumbled into cabs. Most of the time the cabs I have stumbled into are livery cabs, hailed in Washington Heights or another barrio. A good number of the cabs have been called by me or people I have been with. Only a handful have been yellow cabs.
Many a driver has talked it up to me, both when I was drunk and sober. Slipping me their number for more than just a taxi.

The "alleged" (I hate using that word but I am faking objectivity) sexual assault should serve as a reminder to women to always be vigilant and maybe indeed there is no safe space.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home