Sunday, July 18, 2004

Scenes from the G Train

 
Yesterday I found myself on the G train(this is becoming a pattern. I am having an affair with Brooklyn). I was reading Ana Castillo's Peel my Love Like an Onion for the millionth time seking inspiration (when I am working on a love/lust/obsession story I turn to that book).
 
Suddenly from the seat behind me I hear what sounds like skin being hit by a bare hand and cursing in a tiny voice.
"Fuck"
"Shit"
"Fucking shit"
 
As a seasoned NYC subway rider I should have ignored it but instead I turned around to see a tiny brown nene hitting himself on the face as he cursed. He looked like he was maybe five years old. The four teenagers that he was with laughed about other things and discussed video games. They didn't even make sure that the little boy was following them when they got off the train.
 
And I didn't do a thing.
 
 
 
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm, what were you supposed to do that would have mattered?

7/19/2004 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home