Friday, August 27, 2004

El Cubano

El Cubano was a man I dated on and off for a year or two. We met of course , online, and had a passionate relationship filled with rough late night kisses in subway stations and months of not talking to one another. One New Year's Eve, when we were not dating, he confessed to me that the entire time we had been dating, he was in a serious relationship . Once again, without knowing, I was the other woman. No wonder his family looked at me strangely when I told them that we had dated for a year or so.
I wanted to kill him.

El Cubano (who is actually only half Cubano, the other half is Colombiano) is tall and delicious looking. He actually modeled at some point. He's a Queens boy and smart and cocky. Oh did I mention he's insane. Certified. Maybe that's why we like each other so much.

The last time I spoke to el Cubano was a year ago on my cell phone while waiting for the bus to go to work my shift at a strip club. I've called him a few times since then, left messages on his cell. One day he decided to up and relocate his life to California, becoming yet another man I adore who has up and left. I called not so much because I want him as a lover but out of concern for his mental well being. The last time we spoke he was struggling in California.

Well being an ex of mine means he will return and he has. The other night I answered a surprise phone call from him just as Six Feet Under was finishing. He seemed sadly resigned to being in Los Angeles and asked when I would be going to visit him.
He also confessed that he had been in NYC recently and hadn't called me, unsure of how I would react. He said he didn't want me to think he wanted to fuck me or make me his "New York girlfriend". Hmmm.

On an amusing note he's been following my life by googling me and reading this blog. He knew about the Prince of Bushwick and asked how that all ended.

So now I must decide if I should fly out to the West Coast. I don't have the money for such a trip but could probably hustle to get it. There is the issue of the MapucheRican although she was invited to come along as well (they always got along divinely. I have no problem bringing her but it certainly limits where I can go. And anyway wasn't I needing a mini vacation alone. My best girl offered to take her for a few days if I do decide to visit LA. Hmmmm must think. Must call el Cubano again and give him results of my preliminary airfare research.

On another note , NYC , mi gran mango, begins a fiesta of activity to welcome the GOP (Grand Ole Pigs? Grand Old Pendejos?). I plan to participate in an as many as humanly possible providing the MapucheRican is well taken care of. If anyone wants to run around the city with me cursing Republicans in Spanish let me know.

Tonight: Friday August 27, 2004
Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Day Of Action
SpeakOut! in New York City!

A day of immigrant workers and community activists gathering to speak out the Issues

St. Mark's Church
131 E. 10th St., New York
(at 2nd Avenue)
directions by car
directions by subway

4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Information Hotline: (212) 330-8172

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont go leave your past behind and focus on the future

8/27/2004 04:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you and the mapucherican were gonna come visit me, remember?

la vendi

9/02/2004 01:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home