Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Latina Nation Vibe

Posted by a oh so brave anon commentor: "why is this kid's ethnicity of any relevence? are you sure you're not just profiling him as a rich white boy from the 'burbs (albeit a cute one) when he might just be a lazy-ass college student. perhaps your latina nation vibe might be slightly off-putting to him? just asking."

Hmmm oh mi oh my where to begin with this one?

I label everyone by their ethnicity, race because that's how everyone labels me. I can't escape it. White privilage has allowed white people to not have to be labeled , to be the norm to everyone else being the other. So while not relevant really except maybe in the fact that this white boy is perhaps riding on the hard work of his two people of color group members. Gosh people hate when you reverse racial profile don't they?

I never said he was a rich white boy. He has by his own admission a good paying job but he grew up in a working class single parent home, much like I did.

Is he lazy? Probably.

Now if I had any video production skills I would insert a video spoof of Janet's Jackson's Rhythm Nation with all my friends and family where we would all be singing " We are a part of the Latina nation".

I don't feel bad or bothered if people find my Latina nation attitude off-putting. Since day one I've found something about this country a little off putting......do I dare call it racism?

I wonder if a disgruntled white man I dated posted the anon comment.

Sing it with me...." We are a part of the Latina nation!!!"

I feel like exposing some nipple now too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Audree said...

lol. you are so great.

8/11/2004 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Audree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/11/2004 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mamita Mala:
you are all that and so much more. You make me so proud my sister! Surely, you are the reincarnation of A Taino Warrior Queen!

3/30/2006 01:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home