Monday, August 30, 2004

Y la Anti Fiesta Continues

I have no money to get on a subway to attend any of the other wonderful , exciting and powerful protests that are happening around the city in protest of the Republican National Convention which officially started today with Koch welcoming the elephants.

Our city's former mayor, Adolph....I mean Rudolph Giuliani also spoke today . I really wanted to be out in front of the garden with the Still We Rise because of the history of struggle I have with that particular man and the policies and tone he set up in this city, especially for (or shall I say against ) people of color communities. While this gives just a few reasons why Rudy sucks I have my own to add: Anthony Baez, Anibal Carasquillo, Frankie Arzuaga, Anthony Rosario and Hilton Vega, Jose Santos, Jose Librado Sanchez not to mention Dorismond, Aswan Watson, Kevin Cedeno, Louima and Diallo.

The coverage by the mainstream of yesterday's massive march was not surprisingly weak and biased. But big ups to Alternet for posting some of my favorite chants from the POC peeps I marched with "a head-bobbing group of teenage activists co-opted the hit Ludacris hip-hop song "Move Bitch" and began rapping "Move Bush! Get Out The Way!"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home