Sunday, October 10, 2004

Crossing Certain Internet Boundaries

There are certain risk you accept in creating a blog that details your life. You risk people who don't know you making assumptions. You risk revealing things you otherwise wouldn't to people who do know you. It feels anonymous but it really is not. If people really wanted to know who I am they could. Recently I found out that a blog reader contacted someone that I have a blogged about.

I don't know exactly who this blog reader is (I do have my suspicions however).
As a result of this persons actions, I have decided to end an already strained relationship/friendship.

It makes me fucking furious that people have nothing better to do then cross that line from reader to participant into my life without invitation. It makes me fucking sad that people who claim to be my friends act in the most unfriendlike manner as a result of their own insecurities.

To that blog reader:you know who you are. You know who you contacted. I feel I am owed an apology. I probably won't get it.

To the person contacted: You are extremely special to me. For a some time I was really upset with myself because I kept being made to feel like I couldn't handle it- our friendship/relationship. I realized the other night that it is not my issue. I know what I want and who can't and can offer that to me. . I wish you nothing but the best success and hope you find happiness with yourself first.Everything else follows.
I hope that one day , when it is right, you and I will be true friends, able to fully support each other's work and life.

To general readers: I guess this is a warning. A wake up call to me. I will continue on, maybe more cautiously (but probably not).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home