Monday, October 11, 2004

Harlem, Sexo, Y Skittles

While la Fea was shaking her ass happily (and well accompanied I may add) at la Kueva on Sabado night. I loaded up my metrocard and headed up to West Harlem.

There is something beautiful about 125th and Lenox at night. There is too much activity happening for a so called "bad neighborhood". Groups of young men and women all dressed up to go clubbing or drinking. People inside storefront churches and mosques. A Dominican woman curses a bus that she missed. A young man asks me for a light and then my name and number.

The Filmmaker was waiting for me. We watched Sex and Lucia. He ate his favorite candy, Skittles, and we both drank Brugal.

Yes we both ended up in the bedroom but there was no sex to be had. That said he is an extremely passionate and funny man all at the same time if you can understand that.

I fell asleep on his bed while he finished transcribing an interview with a director he worked with. There was something comforting in that. In the words of la fea, it was very relationshipy.

It was even more comforting to hear that we would be seeing each other again.

But I know better then to let my expectations get the better of me. ....don't I?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, its Seriouslyjoking.

I wanted to say that i LOVE coming here and devouring ur brain food. My compliments to the chef.

"Sex and Lucia" was an interesting movie.
Did u see the parallels between ur life and the movie?
Internet, sex/love, writings... yeah, i kinda see it.

be good

10/12/2004 03:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home