Friday, October 29, 2004

He's Perfect Except

Well no one is perfect but yesterday el Cubano came pretty damned close. After a crazy, fucked up night, and morning, he showed up at my door with kisses and a smile for the MapucheRican. We all put our jackets on quickly because he had to be in Manhattan later that afternoon but wanted to get a manicure and pedicure before (who knew that he got pedicures and manicures).

Once at one of the nicer salons in my hood, El Cubano ordered up manicures and pedicures for each of us, even the MapucheRican, who giggled and flipped through glossy fashion rags like a pro the whole time. Meanwhile el Cubano told me that while I was having a breakdown the day before, he was too. His was brought on his mother and a visit with a therapist. Turns out his mother was abusive, physically and emotionally, and that his mother recognized that el Cubano's aggressive tendencies were all learned from her.

It seemed we all needed pampering. So El Cubano ordered facials and massages for us too. Everyone in the salon was enamored by him and his actions and damnit I was too. When asked if he was my boyfriend, I shook my head and said we were good friends. He felt the need to chime in , lovers. Yeah that too.

El Cubano had to leave for Manhattan, leaving me to get my massage and facial alone. When he left he told me that he probably wouldn't see me again before he left on Saturday. A part of me couldn't help wondering of all this niceness was just a way to buffer the goodbye. Shit it's not like I could cry in the middle of the salon.

My mother says, if he didn't live on the other side of the country and didn't have so many mental health issues he'd be quite a candidato.

Oh well no one is perfect

2 Comments:

Blogger mean regression said...

you are perfect.

10/29/2004 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger engulfed111 said...

I dont get this well did you go to bed with elboliviano, I thought u said in ur writings that u never gave him the light of the day. I am just curious.

10/30/2004 02:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home