Saturday, October 09, 2004

Lamento Boliviano and in 1492 Colon Got Lost

The NY Times reminded me that On Oct. 9, 1967, Latin American guerrilla leader Che Guevara was executed in Bolivia while attempting to incite revolution.

I will probably have to call the Boliviano some time today to practice harmonies and get some lyrics straight.

A little fly told me the show last night at Kueva was eh. And that la Fea was well accompanied by her cousin and other friends.

The MapucheRican had Columbus Day homework and it was pretty inoffensive. No use of the word "discovery" for example. But still the whole topic forced me , as a responsibility to sit down with my daughter and explain to her what really went down, the enslavement, the rapes, the genocide, and it's lasting impact on our people, her people. She was quite receptive and understanding. We then did a mini lesson on her ancestors the Tainos. I still have to do one on the Mapuche since she's more that than anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home