Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Um Never Mind...I'm not With the Band

Sunday, I didn't really get to sleep since as soon as I walked in from my night in Harlem, the sun just rising, the MapucheRican rose too, ready for breakfast. I had a student coming later as well so there was much to prepare for not to mention a rehearsal later.

I took a phone call from the woman offering VIP tix to the Desfile de la Hispanidad and I danced around picking up the tickets, uncomfortable. I'm sure it was lovely though.

After my student I called to confirm the rehearsal only to be told not to show up because he, the band leader said he hadn't heard from me. I had called him fro the past two days, and both times he was either drunk or hungover. Like I needed another reason to be angry.

In the end it was all for the best. The MapucheRican and I took a walk and I got to read the Sunday times, something I hadn't done in weeks. I needed the distraction from the rage that was bubbling inside.

1 Comments:

Blogger MedicineWoman9 said...

Mala, You've been having a rough coupla days Mami, here's some love for you--besos!

10/12/2004 06:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home