Monday, November 01, 2004

Not so Surprises

I don't know why el Cubano always manages to take me by surprise. I should know that everytime he visits I will be called at the last minute to join him somewhere out in Nassau County to have dinner with his family. Sure enough as I tutored on Friday afternoon he calls me , telling me to be ready by 6 so I could catch a 7:14 train to Deer Park to have dinner at his uncle's house. Of course the MapucheRican was to join us as well.

EL Cubano and I met on the LIRR train as it pulled out of Jamaica. I had met all of El Cubano's family two years ago, when I and they found out at a New Year's party that I was el Cubano's other woman for years without knowing it. Ha and for years I wondered why he wouldn't commit!

Dinner as expected was lovely. The MapucheRican played with El Cubano's young cousins. El Cubano played the guitar. I caught up with El Cubano's father and stepmother, whom I hadn't seen or spoken to in about a year and a half. We didn't end up leaving till about 1 am with boxes of things el Cubano wanted to take back with him to LA. In the car the MapucheRican slept on my lap and el Cubano held my hand.

El Cubano had said he would drive me home after the dinner but as I watched him fall asleep as his father drove to Mineola. I knew that the MapucheRican and I would continue a tradition, spending the night at el Cubano's parent's house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bradley Filpo said...

I hope you are well!

12/07/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

Who are you?

12/07/2005 01:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home