Monday, January 31, 2005

Conversations With Abuela

My nearly 90 year old abuelita was talking to my mother the other night complaining.
" Ay I'm not sleeping well. I wake up in the middle of the night with these horrible pains in my feet. I have to massage my heels for a few minutes really hard so that the pain will let up enough for me to fall back asleep."
"Mami why don't you take an aspirin before you go to bed like the doctor told you?" my mother asks.
"Ay no mi'ja. The doctor said to take aspirin for the pain in my leg not in my feet. And anyway eventually they will just have to cut off my legs or feet."
"Mami why do you have pains in your leg?" my mother asks.
" Arthritis"
" They cut off people's legs or feet when they have gangrene or something like that not because of arthritis" My mother informs her.
" I guess I better take the aspirin like the doctor said then".

1 Comments:

Blogger mean regression said...

whoa, i laughed so hard at this my kid came downstairs to ask me what was so funny. what a cutie pie she is. give her a kiss for me.

1/31/2005 07:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home