Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Big BS

I haven't actually seen the show. It's not that I'm a Kirstie Alley fan or not but between her pimping for Jenny Craig (I admit I have a problem with businesses based solely on controlling what women eat and making them feel bad about it) and the commercials of her dancing around which I think are suppossed to be funny because everyone knows that fat women dancing are funny, I've stayed away. Then I heard about a little story line that involves an African American man. Has anyone seen the show and what do you all think?

2 Comments:

Blogger RHD said...

Oh. My. God.

I will admit that when I clicked the link my first thought was, "Fat, schmat, Alley looks fanfreakingtastic in that picture..." Now I'm thinking, I don't care how good she looks, or how strong my inclination is to support any actress who weighs more than my three year old, I can't get behind this show. Sorry Kirstie.

Is it wrong that I laughed at the "LA Face, Oakland Booty" line? I'll go say some Hail Marys, just in case.

3/09/2005 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it thinking she might actually have some good ideas...well I was so wrong! it was demeaning and just plain wrong. She just constantly played on awful, demoralizing fat stereotypes ....it was just a sad, pathetic, thing to watch with barely an ounce of originality. dont waste your time.

3/09/2005 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home