Friday, April 29, 2005

Now it is Time to be Selfish

My mother’s birthday was yesterday. My sister and I bought her two ottomans that she wanted and carried them, with the help of a shopping cart, with hilarious results. The day before was my sister’s birthday and we had two cakes and my apartment is filled with beautiful flowers and balloons. It feels like everyone in my family was born in April. Seriously, from April fool’s day to yesterday, the 28th of the month, someone in my family has a birthday. This means a lot of money spent on gifts, the most expensive ones going to my mother and sister. But now the birthday rush is over except for the upcoming birthday of one more person in my family. ME!!!!!!!! So now instead of me asking seemingly everyone what they want for their birthday, I get to be asked.

Yesterday my sister graced me with an early Mother’s Day/birthday gift of toner for my laser printer. My cousin came over and asked me what I wanted. I told her seriously a sports bra because my tetas are bouncing all over the place at the gym. She seemed offended. So then I told her I needed sneakers for the gym. She then complained because of the fact that I won’t wear Nike or many other brands that are known for their sweatshop labor practices.

So for everyone’s benefit, including my own gratification, I am providing a list of fantasy and real items I would like for my birthday. Of course I am completely aware that many (most) people who read this blog have no idea who I am in real life. Let this be a glimpse into my materialistic side.

Fantasy Items I want: Round trip airfare to L.A., cash, laptop, mp3 player, stereo with turn table/record player, a massage at a spa, hair/dye job at a salon,
personal training sessions at my gym, Writing classes/retreat/conference, tattoo.

Real world items I want/need: Sports bra, gift cards,Non-sweatshop gym sneakers. Blank cds to burn, postage stamps, take me to a concert, incense and candles, hair dye in a cool color that I can do at home, manicure/pedicure, books, wine, dinner at a restaurant, free babysitting.


At this point I can’t figure out of sex is a fantasy item or a real item anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fea said...

so... now that i know what to get u, what size do i get that sports bra in?? XXXXS?? haha love ya

4/29/2005 02:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Heidi said...

Mala, I was thinking the same thing. I need a bra size !!! Also what is the exact day of your birthday?
Heidi

4/29/2005 02:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home