Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's a Writer To Do???

I have a morning routine. I wake up, write freehand in the journal then flip on the computer to check email and work on whatever writing project is turning me on the moment. This morning I turn on the computer and it turns on but no beep, no information is traveling from the computer to the monitor or even to my keyboard for that matter. This entry comes from my sister's laptop that I am using on the dl.

I think my beloved computer may have finally had it. Problem is, I was a bad bad girl and didn't back up so there is still stuff on that computer I need. And well damnit I need that computer period. I need email,blog and my writing. I am not in any position to buy a new computer (even though I have wanted one).

I'm somewhere between desperation and depression.

no se que hacer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your info/data is still in the hard drive. don't let the technician format the hard drive. probably what is messed up is the motherboard. check the power AC just in case.

8/12/2005 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Cherry Galette said...

i hope it all works out.

8/12/2005 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Ditto what anon said... everything i sprobably fine, and even if the rest is toast, you may very well be able to hook your HD up to another comp and pull your files that way.

8/13/2005 02:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To All:

On my most recent visit to Puerto Rico, I was confronted by the most blatant disregard for companion animals than I have ever seen.

There are stray dogs EVERYWHERE in PR. Behind the supermarkets, in the parking lots of malls, at the beaches, dead ones on the road. Packs of
them everywhere just being ignored by the residents and the government. All are starving and dirty and most are injured and sick. All the females
have had litters and it keeps getting worse.

It appears that the government does not enforce animal abuse laws and indepenedent towns and cities do not have the proper vehicles (or persoanl
desire) to implement the importance of registering, spaying and neutering their pets. This leaves them all to die on the streets.

I had known about the problem through an organization which I have been assiting for over a year but to witness the problem first-hand was definitely an eye opener which left me in a state of depression and much sadness. It's hard to understand such neglect.

If anyone is interested in getting involved and learning about the situation please go to the following website: www.saveasato.org They have plenty of links with real pictures and suggestions on how to help.

I visisted the Save A Sato organization's shelter while I was there. This organization is a small organization of volunteers only that operates without any government funding.

Thanks for listening,

8/15/2005 06:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home