Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chicas Across the Blogging World Against Roberts

I know the argument is that "us liberals" would be against anyone Bush puts forward, and maybe so. However as a woman who has fully taken advantage of her right to choose and as a Latina who values her civil and human rights, the idea of a Supreme Court Justice Roberts gives me chills (and not in a good way). I was more than proud to sign onto this statement via Culture Kitchen. It is about more than abortion, it is about equal access to what the Constitution promises. I urge people to write their senators, especially New Yorkers like me who have Charles E. Schumer on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Hey while you're virtually visiting the Senate, you might as well drop em all a line no?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm, there is no way in hell he won't be approved. Signing an internet petition does absolutely nothing. It's wasted energy. Find out what can be done and do it. Think. "chicas across blogs" is like one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Have you tried to get a paper to cover this blogging action? Or anything like that?

9/21/2005 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

I've missed my anonymous posters!

I agree that Roberts is going to be approved, but I don't think that means I have to throw my hands up. As I posted, I have contacted my senators and other senators on the Judiciary Committee and urge others to do the same.

The online statement wasn't my creation to promote in terms of press coverage.

Was the post like the dumbest thing, or the dumbest thing?

9/22/2005 09:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home