Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Daily Candy Not So Yummy

I joined the Daily Candy email list years ago, when I was working on Wall Street for a big investment bank. Being hip and on top of trends was an important part of fitting in and fitting in was a big part of the game. Eventually I got tired of the bullshit but I stayed on the Daily Candy email list because they had well cute things and I will shamelessly admit to being a little bit of a style slut. But today's candy in my inbox left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It seems that Daily Candy, along with retailers like Abercrombie and Urban Outfitters , seems to think that "retro" racism and sexism is cool. Today they featured a company named Vintage Vantage which sells tees with designsof a trio of lady joggers and the slogan "Women, you can't beat 'em!"” to a man in an Indian headdress saying, "“I have reservations."

Nothing is as funny as violence against women and genocide.Can't you hear me lol'ing?

Daily Candy waxes nostalgic in today's email
Gone are the days when it was fine to unabashedly insult someone'’s nationality, appearance, or vocation in the sweep of a pseudo-religious joke.


I cancelled my Daily Candy email subscription clearly stating why. If you are a Daily Candy subscriber I ask you to do the same and even if you're not, you may want to send them an email.

1 Comments:

Blogger fiercelyfab said...

You breath, talk, and walk your values. Go on Mala with your bad self! Tell those Daily Candies to shove them up where they belong.

9/20/2005 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home