Friday, October 07, 2005

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Terrorist Attack

In case you don't live in NYC or live in a bubble, New York City is being threatened or not, depending on who you believe. On my shirt subway trip to the gym this morning, I am fully expecting more bag searches ( I'm seriously thinking of packing my 9 inch hot pink vibe as suggested in the latest issue of Bitch told me to). But in all seriousness people like me who don't drive and don't have the extra cash to just hail a cab around town, have to take the subway. I'm no longer part of the morning commute team but my my metrocard takes me and my daughter around this city we currently call home.

Now as a 9-11-01 survivor and fully aware of the London underground attacks, I don't want to downplay the possibility of something happening , pero sabes que, the conspiracy theorist in my head is also aware that a Mayoral election is just ahead and the war in Iraq ain't going too hot, to put it mildly. What better way to prove what a great mayor Bloomberg is than giving him a crisis to handle. Of course he can't waste his time debating in black Harlem. He has a threat to deal with. And oh look...see those Iraqis or wherever they are from, you see they are terrorists that's why we're fighting them over there so that we don't have to fight them here. You see. We told you so!

I swear I'm just waiting for the Feds to connect this to the Filiberto Ojeda Rios murder. Angry Ricans threaten the subway system or something to that effect.

I have a train to catch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless and until something happens, I would rather be warned! If you're really a survivor, you would know this.

10/08/2005 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger maaarco said...

trust me, no one thinks you're a fucking terrorist, you're probably the most harmless person on the net... you're an angry single mother.

you should really work on putting together that novel of being a stripper, make yourself seem hotter than you are, it's fiction... and being corporate, oooohhh, use the 9/11 thing too!!!, and tutoring hindus in Rego Park throw in an STD an abortion and then falling in love with a sandwich, with a big cock, in LA that you can only bone twice a year... that is shit white people would eat up. talk about a sister who's a lot hotter than you, god she's beautiful--she comes onto the sandwich. the sandwich, like none of the men before him, doesn't bone the sis whose got DSL (dick sucking lips), of course not, he's a keeper, and next scene, he's in the park climbing the monkey bars w/ your daughter, he falls, it's fucking funny, throw away a package from Chile, then he asks you to marry him, picks you up and carries you out of your pyscho household, while holding the baby's hand... golden shit...

maybe you should start the novel off being the happiest woman in the world being with a man who accepts you... and then he bangs your sis in the butt! hmmmm, white people eat up that magical realism shit... remember...

i can see white people saying, wow, I'm glad I'm not puerto fucking rican. spanglish that shit up, which I personally think is garbage, but white people think is Turkish Delight... and BOOM! you've sold fucking at least 7,000 copies. do that fucking shit already. what the fuck are you waiting for? stop being a fuck up. you can fucking do it. you know you can. i'll say your book is shit. but you know what? it'll be on my shelf. i'll say it's shit, but i will have bought it! maybe i'll even make my students buy it. (FUCK Julia Alvarez) i'm done reading your blog. email me when you've got a contract for something.

I would wish you good luck. but luck is the last thing you need.

if you don't shout me out in your shit... well, that'll be fucked up...

good luck

10/09/2005 03:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

"stop being a fuck up"

Ay Marco you're so sweet

10/09/2005 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Fea said...

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black or something??

10/11/2005 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

Why do you always have to make everything about race?

10/11/2005 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home