Monday, November 21, 2005

Don't Ask Don't Tell (from the ex-files)

Hay preguntas, preguntas that stick in the back of your mind and you want to ask but you don't por el miedo. The fear is in the answer and in the expectation of what the answer will be. For example, when you ask that certain someone you want to fuck, "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" you want the answer (usually) to be no, to avoid guilt, regret, or that uncomfortable meeting at a party where you are there with her/him and there established partner. Yeah. I know how that feels. Of course they could lie or half lie or lie by omitting information.

But that's not what I wanted to write about. I wanted to write about sharing one too many glasses of wine with an ex who happens to be an ex-marine. He is the ex I and others put on a pedestal. The relationship that I fucked up, not once, but twice and yet he keeps showing up,on my block, on my doorstep, on my mouth. I had been curious, thinking he was too good to engage in certain acts that degrade women that men in the military stereotypically engage in. After much coaxing he answered the question : had he? And the answer wasn't what I expected, what I wanted and I was disappointed in him and my idealized vision of him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure which acts that military guys stereotypically engage in. Rape? Murder? Torture? Or frequenting prostitutes?

--S

11/22/2005 02:53:00 PM  
Anonymous tecato200712@yahoo.com said...

yo you crazy & very down to earth fuck the rest! lol!!!

6/11/2007 06:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home