Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Complete and Utter Waste of Tiempo

I actually sat and watched the State of the Union Address last night. I could have been writing, reading, fucking....anything would have been a better use of my time. Some observations: It took the shrub, between his lip-smacking (nervous habit?), about 8 minutes before mentioning 9-11, WMD's and Bin Laden. The President , in need of a haircut, defended his domestic spying program, continued driving a wedge in the country by promoting the distinctions between documented and undocumented immigrants, and neglected to mention that the Palestinian election was democratic. Oh and Condi Rice needs to lay off the blush.

Antonio Villaraigosa's official Democratic Party response in Spanish, repeated the same ole tired I am the son of immigrants and my mom was a working single mom to cover up the fact that he had nothing new or good to say. He also made sure to make a distinction between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants.

The English language official Democratic Party response by Tom Kaine of Virginia was more lively than Villaraigosa's and I found myself nodding my head a few times but it was nothing earth shattering.

What the hell was I expecting from this farce of a democracy?

Oh on a personal note: Pobre de la fea who has to act as a 411 for my lovers pero my latest one called oh and he's reading the blog. So no details about the great sex we had (show that to your friends :P)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for updating me on what i missed ...

2/01/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Pomegranate Queen said...

i didn't see it either...the only thing i'm sad about missing is the good laugh I would've gotten out of his bad hair and Condi's blush!
PQ

2/01/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger fiercelyfab said...

I don't know I was in utter disbelief, again,--thinking maybe, maybe they have a fucking clue this time.

It was a joke, really. I am ashamed of that man and his cronies. Yeah right--nothing, nothing that he said is representative of my (our) idea of a better quality of life for me and the majority of lives around me.
The environmental part, was OK. That's about it. He mentioned abortion as a bad thing of course. Teenage pregnancy as bad, abstinence education--oh my God I'm like I can't wait til this man is out of office. I truly don't want to be here. That's how I felt yesterday night. Next time I won't see these Shananagans.

2/01/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger nehanda said...

as always, im clueless about all that...and im not surprised..si

2/01/2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger nicolececilia said...

i missed you yesterday en la tertulia

2/02/2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

Ay. I'm so sorry. I was home finishing up some other projects I am on a tight deadline for. El la proxima si?

2/02/2006 03:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home