Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ready for My Close Up (Just Not in This Damn Snow)

Last week I got my hair did and even got and mani/pedi. Do you know when was the last time I got a mani/pedi? Last summer, when el cubano was coming to see me for what would end up being the last time. This time my primping and preening (that's primping, not pimping- none of that for now)was related to Los Angeles but not to el Cubano. Because I don't want to jinx anything I will not go into details but do you think the world is ready for Mala via television? We (including me) will have to wait and see.

La MapucheRican is staying in school am xtra 37 and 1/2 minutes but at least this time she is getting help in the area that she needs it, writing (ay the irony).

Speaking of writing, this Wednesday is a tertulia Wednesday gracias a Fusion Atomica and the talented poetas, writers, and musicos that gather at D'antigua.

And if one night of Latino talent isn't enough , on Friday , the 17th, Boricua College as part of their Winter Poetry Series will be presenting "New Blood" including me and Angel Pont Navarro y Bonafide Rojas y mas. The fun starts at 7:30 pm at 186 N.6th Street in Brooklyn.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicolececilia said...

this is going to be a good poetry week

I'll be a feature @ wednesday's Tertulia and you have the Poetry Series @ Boricua College on Fri

weeee!

2/13/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Maegan said...

Ay bueno it will be a good poetry week then. Nos vemos el miercoles!!!

2/13/2006 08:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home